Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Final Thoughts !!!!

From this course I understood many  useful things, which really will help me in my future teaching. The most important thing that I understood it was the meaning of student centered learning; I found that I had to be a facilitator and the resource person during the teaching process but not an information presenter. Also, I had to help the students to build their personality, their knowledge and to be interdependent. After these understandings of the meaning of SCL and its benefits, I tried to use some teaching strategies which are helped me to apply the SCL like, teaching by projects, by group work,  by discussions, practical practices and activities. One of these new strategies is the Inquiry based learning which is  an information-processing model that allows students to discover certain information through a series of steps that lead to a conclusion or reflection on the newly attained knowledge.
Also, I understood the different roles of the computer inside my classroom, as a tutor, tutee and as a tool. After this course and for example I can use the computer as a tutor by using games or simulations in my teaching lessons to motivated my students. In addition I can use it as a  mind tool by using programs and software that help my student to connect their information together in a logical and organized way.
Finally, I would to thank you Dr. for all useful information you presented to us and I promiss you to apply it as much as I can in my future teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment