Sunday, January 2, 2011

ICT as mind tools !!!

The computer inside my classroom is playing three major roles; I used it as a tutor, tool and tutee. Using it as a tool is the most use of it inside the classroom; I used it in preparing and presenting the teaching presentations by using Microsoft office applications. The students are using it as a tool also by using the same applications as me to work in their projects. We used it also, as a mind tool, especially when we communicate with each other through the Face book, twitter and other celebration networks. Not only these uses, recently I discovered new use of it as a mind tool and it is the mind mapping or concept map. It is a visual thinking and learning approach, which help me in teaching and help my students in learning.

Before, I was always drawing maps and divided any information related to me personality and tried to connect all the ideas with each other and I followed this technique with my students. All the information I taught them I drew them on the board and connected to each other because i knew that it is the easiest way for my students to remember and understand. But after, when I know more about the visual concept map, I will use it more and more inside my classroom because it is useful for my students in many ways, It provide structure for thinking, writing, focus thoughts and ideas which leading to understanding and interpretation and connect between the previous knowledge and the new concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment