Sunday, January 2, 2011

ICT as a tutor !!!

The computer inside my classroom is playing three major roles; I used it as a tutor, tool and tutee. I will focus here in the computer as a tutor, when I provide for them online educational software to educate and play, and when I give them tutorials software to present some subjects material, to solve different related questions and response and then the computer "tutor" evaluate these responses. From the result the students can determine their levels and what to do next. Also, there are many other software to use as a tutor for many other purposes. For example using games or simulations in my teaching lessons. And that motivate the student too much, it help them to understand and analysis the information easily.

I was always trying to use different games and simulations with my students in the class to teach them certain information. And they were very interesting during the whole lesson. I gave them thinking games, logic puzzles and memory games. There are some modified games that I tried to give to my students, but they are not interested on them as much as the puzzles games. About the simulation, I tried to find an online education simulation to let my students register in and play. The games help me to break from the usual and make my lesson more attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment